Friday, May 27, 2011

145/365

Had foot surgery today to remove a fibroma (scar tissue inside of my foot). It was recommended that I be put under for the procedure but I have a hard time agreeing to that, so I went with a local and stayed awake though the procedure. I got to see the OR up close and personal, I got to see the "specimen" they removed before it went for the biopsy and I was complimented on being such a "good patient" :) All in all, I will say it was a sucess!
They put a not so practical medical shoe on my foot which was falling off as I walked, so I went and purchased a fancy black book that is way more comfortable. That's important since I will be wearing it for two weeks until the sutures come out. I snapped this picture; it's how you will find my foot for the next few days until I go for my follow up on Tuesday :)
The dr. adds a personal touch by drawing a picture that correlates with the current season/holiday. I thought it was nice and am of course delighted to see I get a flag for Memorial Day! How patriotic!!

I will need to take a picture of the boot, I "bedazzled" it so it's pretty ;)

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting! I love comments, please feel free to share your thoughts! If you have no account to sign into, feel free to use the "anonymous" link, but please sign your name and guide me to your blog if you have one!!