Friday, April 15, 2011

105/365

This was a fun one! I take so many pictures during the day and would like to start challenging myself with lighting and night shots. I got the *brilliant* (HA!) idea to use an LED flashlight to add some shine to an otherwise dark room. My subject was a little vase that has lovely smelling magnolia's in it that my neighbor picked for me :)

Here's the set up:
Please note, I purposely bumped up the brightness even though it made the shadows pretty noisy! I did it so you can catch my reflection in the window, camera in one hand and flashlight in the other. I can only imagine what my neighbors must have thought!!


SOOC. Dark room, LED light shining it's eerie green on the flowers :)



I turned the light on above this window and used the flashlight to shine "up" to create some shadows. Lighting wasn't quite as "glowy" as I would hope for though so off went the lights again!


Love the shadows that were created in this one!
I think this one is my favorite! :)

Obviously I still have a lot to learn, but I wasn't horribly disappointed with my first attempt :)







2 comments:

  1. I played with a flashlight while sitting out by a lake the other night... my subjects all had glowing faces above no bodies! ... I'd say you pulled this off very well!!! I love the shadows on the fourth one!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love comments, please feel free to share your thoughts! If you have no account to sign into, feel free to use the "anonymous" link, but please sign your name and guide me to your blog if you have one!!