Monday, January 3, 2011

3/365

I was anxious to get my day going with camera in tow to uncover photo opportunities. I could feel my over zealous self wanting to snap snap snap away, and then I remembered, there is a whole YEAR of opportunity. I had to mentally slow down more than once. The first few are pics of a church in Lombard, Illinois which captivates me everytime I am near. As you travel down Main Street you can see the steeple grow as you get closer. I have wanted to take pictures of this church uncountable times. Today was the perfect chance!
The stained glass from another wall was shining through this window
















This board was at a different church, the quotes they put always inspire me, today especially with the sun rays shining and the Nativity sharing the spotlight!










The last two are of my pup Franko, I know I have photographed him in the sun before, but he looked so utterly peaceful, I couldn't resist!

5 comments:

  1. Great pics! I love that you are doing the photo a day project this year. Hopefully you make it further than I did last year, which was about March! ;) That church on Main and Maple is such a Lombard landmark. I can't tell you how many weddings we would spy on leaving that church (especially from the DQ across the street!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That church and I can't WAIT to visit Lilacia park when it's in bloom!
    I love the idea of the project, I really don't have much faith in myself, but I am enjoying it so far, we'll see how long that lasts!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what your posting so far Frank looks so at peace in the sun. If you miss a day dont beat your self up just snap away the next day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the wisdom! I will definitely keep that in mind!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your last picture of the dog. He looks so content and rested. you did a great job picking up the sunbeams in these pictures

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love comments, please feel free to share your thoughts! If you have no account to sign into, feel free to use the "anonymous" link, but please sign your name and guide me to your blog if you have one!!